Saturday 5 October 2013

Working with SATS


Never would I have thought I would work with SATS as Customer Service Agent(CSA). It suddenly came down to me that I should give it a try. Since I've never worked as a full timer, so why not? There's always a first in everything. At first I didn't really want to but since my mom encouraged me to give it a try and also she did say that there are many benefits you can enjoy if you work with SATS. Upon hearing the good stuffs, I've think it through carefully, and decided to just go for the interview. I didn't put any high hopes on getting the job. If I didn't get through the interview, it definitely wouldn't be the end of the world for me (':

I got the job but I wasn't really stoked about it, I was happy though.
It took 3 weeks to process everything till the first day of work. Within those 3 weeks of waiting, I had to go for medical check-up and sign contract on a different day. Despite hearing about the girls working in SATS, for example like there are a lot of snobbish girls working there, I can tell you truthfully that yes, it's true. Not only malay girls, but almost all races including the foreigners. I've no idea why do they have to be snobbish or be "too proud" when they are wearing the SATS uniform. Or maybe I'm not used to the exposure yet.... SATS taught us to look and be friendly and always smile to others in a professional way, not "too friendly" kind of way. If you get what i mean.. Well welcome to "The working life." But whatever it is I don't care what others think. What I know is I'm just going to be the way SATS wants us to be. Be elegant, professional and work smart. (:


Day 1: Orientation day 
Reported to work at 8:30am in the morning for the Orientation day at SATS Airfreight AFT5 building. Which I'm on job training therefore I'll be on probation for about 3 months.








They gave us our schedule for this month, handouts and Service Professional Handbook for guidance. Also, I get to meet so many new friends and Taiwanese foreigners. Some of the Taiwanese's faces are so flawless and so beautiful! *.* Sadly I'm unable to take photos with the Taiwanese, but one day I will! :-D

Day 1 was over, this is the area where we will wait for the shuttle bus to get us back to Terminal 1/2/3. Also, we get the opportunity to see SQ airplane in a closer look, everyday! I was so astonished actually. I've never seen an airplane in a closer look before honestly. Haha.



Day 2: Back to work
I received my uniform the day before and was told to wear it on the next day. I woke up at 05:00am in the morning to get ready and I die die have to leave the house by 06:45am everyday. Can you imagine how burden it is to wake up every morning just to have a full make up on, a neat hair look and wearing the uniform... It is a crime for SATS if we don't have our full make up on or else they'll take down our names. Zzzzzz. I did put a full make up on but the trick is, I put a bold red lipstick and a minimal amount of eyeshadows on so I wouldn't look like a clown if I put on too much make up. Right?


The morning role call
Every morning at around 08:30am, there'll be a morning role call where we all have to assemble in a room standing in two's facing each other's face and trainees will walk on down the aisle to do checking and greeting each other. Late comers', girls with no full make up on, undone/messy hairs, all names will be taken down. Look how strict they are when it comes to grooming..








So.. Yeah, that's pretty much about it. It has been a week since my first day of work. My off days are on every weekends.. Phewww.. I had 12 hours of sleep today and I felt better after not having good night sleep for the past few days. But I get to blog on weekends weekly! 
I wanna thank you guys for reading my blog, hope it's not a boring blog, I will do a review in my next few blogs as of right now I'm busily working and less time to go out shopping for new products )--:
Well, till here, 
Have a good weekend everyone! (:


Xoxo,
Erra Zaisheera





8 comments:

  1. Hi, I received an email from SATS that they are hiring students to do part time on weekends. I am thinking if i should give it a try. May I know how long is the training and is it paid during the training and probation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Omg its been so long since I checked my blog. For full time wise, basic is about $1200. Training for a month, office hours, after a month, you'll be deployed to various departments. That's where graveyard shifts start. It is very tiring. You may not get used to it in the first place, after awhile you'll be okay. Yes training and probation are paid. (:

      Delete
  2. Hi~ May I know the working shift timing? I would love to join actually but still hesitant with the graveyard shifts. Basically I am a S Pass holder and seeing the basic salary I doubt they would hire with the same salary. Please advise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi may i know i did apply for sats may i know they will get back to you is it asap or 1-3 weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi may i know i did apply for sats may i know they will get back to you is it asap or 1-3 weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Are you still working with SATS?

    ReplyDelete